It’s soup season ya’ll! And this Gluten-Free Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup is perfect for these colder months and darker days!
I get very into soup when cold weather rolls in. I mean, to be fair, I now live in Charleston, SC where “cold” weather is like, 55 degrees. Which works out very well for me, since I hate being cold.
But I still love to snuggle up to a dining room table with my family and just chat while our Christmas tree sparkles in the background – while eating soup. It’s so damn homey.
Health benefits of this Gluten-Free Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup:
- packed with protein from the chicken
- made with homemade bone broth (recipe HERE), this soup is very healing for the gut
- boosts the immune system via the broth, veggies, adequate protein, fiber and garlic (all of which also benefit gut health)
- rich in antioxidants from the veggies and herbs
- decent amount of fiber from the veggies and wild rice
- great for gut health due to the various plants in this soup, which beneficial gut bacteria feed on
- bone broth is high in glycine, which is the amino acid the stomach lining is mostly made up of, therefore it strengthens the gut
- If you’d like to switch out the protein, feel free! Turkey would go very well.
- I made this lactose-free using Green Valley cream cheese.
- To make this dairy-free, use a nut based cream cheese or even coconut cream.
- To make this keto, use cauliflower rice.
Other Recipes (they’re all gluten-free, I’m celiac people!):
- White Chicken Chili
- Gut Healing Chicken Soup
- Turkey Pot Pie Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Soup
- Turkey & Wild Rice Soup
Gluten-Free Creamy Wild Rice and Chicken Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 5 cups bone broth
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breasts
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1/4 cup dill
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- Over medium heat, add the olive oil, onions and celery and cook until translucent.
- Add the garlic and carrots, stir until fragrant.
- Add in the bone broth, rice and chicken.
- Cover and turn to low.
- Let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, then chop or shred it and add it back.
- Add the cream cheese and herbs, stir until combined.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!