These spinach & feta chicken burgers are easy to make, super healthy and perfect for meal prep!
I made these spinach & feta chicken burgers last Sunday when I was meal prepping and YOU GUYS. They are so, so good.
I threw some easy items together, popped them on the grill and they turned out to be really delicious.
Health benefits of these spinach & feta chicken burgers:
- chicken is a complete source of protein and protein is essential for mood management, neurotransmitter production, muscle function and so much more
- rich in herbs that are anti-inflammatory and loaded with antioxidants and polyphenols
- this recipe is low carb, keto, paleo, low fodmap and gluten-free
- spinach is a great source of b vitamins, vitamin k, folate and magnesium
- feta is an easier to digest dairy (cows milk is often more difficult for people to digest)
Tips for make these spinach & feta burgers:
- use fresh or dry herbs
- serve with my recipe for Greek quinoa salad!
- if you can’t find frozen spinach, frozen kale works too
- if you only have fresh spinach, cook it down and drain it first
- feel free to use red onion in lieu of green onions (scallions)
- a dry, crumbly goat cheese would work well in this too
- pan fry or even bake in the oven if you don’t have a grill
Other recipes you’ll like:
Spinach & Feta Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp fresh or dry dill
- 1 tbsp fresh or dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Mix all ingredients together and form roughly 7 burger patties.
- Cook on the grill or stovetop for roughly 7 minutes per side.
- Alternatively, cook on 375 for 25 minutes or until cooked through.