These chicken and veggie kabobs are paleo, gluten-free, keto and low-carb. They take a bit of prep but are quick to cook and leave next to no mess because you’re just grilling them! Such a perfect recipe for summertime.
These are the skewers I made for Father’s Day. I used herbs from my garden and they came out SO well. I’ve actually never cooked chicken and veggies together, but it worked out perfectly.
These skewers were SO super simple and my husband loved them. I served them with my fancy caprese salad and some rice based spaghetti.
They are the perfect summer grilling recipe! It’s a healthy dinner and the leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
Pesto Chicken and Veggie Kabobs
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 6 metal or wooden skewers
- Blend the olive oil, garlic clove, basil and parsley in a blender until smooth.
- Chop the onion and bell pepper into one inch cubes to put on the skewers. Set aside in a bowl.
- Chop the chicken into one inch cubes and put in a separate bowl.
- Pour half of the pesto over the chicken and half over the veggies. Toss to combine.
- Add a pepper, an onion and a piece of chicken to the skewer. Repeat until the skewers are full.
- Add each skewer to the grill, on medium high heat.
- At ten minutes, flip the skewers. Check on them depending on the heat of your grill, mine doesn't get incredibly hot.
- Flip the skewers and cook for ten more minutes.