My breakfast routine is usually pretty boring. It’s always either fried or scrambled eggs, a side salad and maybe some bacon or sausage. But usually, it’s just plain old eggs and salad. And let’s face it, that’s pretty lame when you eat it every single day.
I’m always looking for ways to eat a fancier, more interesting breakfast. And since I’ve been on a ground turkey kick lately, this was awesome. I added jalapeños because I’m oddly obsessed with them (and add them to almost everything I eat) but you can omit if you aren’t crazy about setting your mouth on fire like I am.
Paleo Turkey Hash
- 1 large potato peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 tbsp butter coconut oil, lard, etc
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 cup ground turkey about 1/4 lb of
- 1 jalapeno diced
- Large handful of arugula
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the fat in a pan over medium to medium-high heat and add the potatoes.
- The potatoes will take the longest to cook and you want to make sure they're soft in the middle when this dish is finally done. I cooked them alone for about ten minutes, stirring regularly so they didn't get stuck to the bottom of the pan.
- Then add the tomato and onion. Cook until they've softened.
- Add the turkey and make sure it's cooked completely.
- Add the arugula and jalapeño. I like to add these at the end because the arugula cooks quickly and the jalapeño just needs to be heated, not fully cooked.