Who doesn’t love a breakfast pizza?
I guess I don’t if we’re talking typical pizza. I tend to avoid getting gluten hangovers before lunch.
But this breakfast pizza is made from tapioca flour, which is a 100% safe starch! It’s easily digestible and provides good carbs to help keep you full. I don’t know about you, but I definitely feel fuller when my meal includes some carb action.
The pizza itself was delicious, I used homemade pesto as the sauce and topped it with prosciutto when it was completely cooked. It was amazing.
- 1 cup tapioca flour (I use THIS brand)
- One egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil (I use THIS brand)
- 1 tbsp water (more if needed)
- add any spices you like, this crust itself doesn’t taste like much without any spices
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine ingredients until a wet dough forms, this does not feel like your typical dough.
- Spread it out evenly and thinly.
- homemade or bought pesto (just blend basil, garlic, parsley, olive oil and pine nuts until smooth)
- slices of tomato
- two eggs
- optional: Romano cheese
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- When the cooking is done, add prosciutto.