Sometimes, I make really good food. And this spin on an upside down cake is one of my favorites.
I made this for a Halloween party and my friends really liked it. If you’re wondering if it got good reviews because my friends are polite, I assure you that is not the case.
I don’t know if there’s such a thing as ‘Halloween food.’ But I know ‘party food’ exists, and this is definitely a recipe that qualifies as that!
Shared at: Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday, Whole Foods Wednesday, Real Foods Wednesday, Keep It Real Thursday, Make Your Own Mondays
Paleo Banana Caramel Upside Down Cake (Sugar and Grain Free)
Sometimes, I make really good food. And this healthy sugar and grain-free spin on a banana upside down cake is one of my favorites.
- 2 bananas
- 2 pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup raw or coconut milk optional
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 x paleo caramel recipe see notes
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a pan (I used 9×9) with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas and layer them in the bottom of the pan.
- Follow the directions for the caramel and smooth it over the sliced bananas.
- Mix all of the cake ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over the bananas and caramel.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, check or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Take out the cake with the parchment paper and flip it over.
Use this recipe for the caramel sauce. It’s really good!
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 289kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 7gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 205mgPotassium: 132mgFiber: 3gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 85IUVitamin C: 2.1mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 1.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!