Sometimes, I make really good food. And this spin on an upside down cake is one of my favorites.
I made this for a Halloween party and my friends really liked it. If you’re wondering if it got good reviews because my friends are polite, I assure you that is not the case.
I don’t know if there’s such a thing as ‘Halloween food.’ But I know ‘party food’ exists, and this is definitely a recipe that qualifies as that!
Paleo Banana Caramel Upside Down Cake (Sugar and Grain Free)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a pan (I used 9×9) with parchment paper.
- Slice the bananas and layer them in the bottom of the pan.
- Follow the directions for the caramel and smooth it over the sliced bananas.
- Mix all of the cake ingredients until smooth.
- Spread over the bananas and caramel.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, check or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Take out the cake with the parchment paper and flip it over.