When I was a kid I loved caramel.
I would get caramel apples and just lick the caramel off because I’m weird like that. I couldn’t be bothered with the boring and only nutritious component of the apple. One time I tried to get my brother to eat the apple after I licked all the caramel off (because I’m gross like that). But instead of grossing you out, I want to get you psyched on this awesome caramel recipe.
It’s dairy-free and sweetened with raw, local honey. It’s super simple and only requires you to stir it around a bit.
Paleo Caramel Sauce
This Paleo Caramel Sauce is dairy-free and sweetened with raw, local honey. It’s super simple and only requires you to stir it around a bit.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Combine all ingredients over medium to medium-high heat.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Let it simmer for a long time. Like, at least 10 minutes.
- Stir some more.
- Stir for five or ten more minutes. It WILL thicken but it takes a while.
- Add the ghee at the end.
- It will thicken more as it cools. You can top ice cream with it, dip apples in it, drizzle it on the pie, drizzle it on yourself. Whatever you want.
- It tastes just like the real thing.
I use this coconut milk and this honey!
Serving: 1servingCalories: 326kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 1gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 21mgPotassium: 146mgSugar: 38gVitamin C: 0.7mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!