This gluten-free tomato soup recipe made with fresh tomatoes and roasted veggies is served with penne pasta and juicy homemade turkey meatballs. It is healthy, warming and insanely delicious – perfect for this fall weather!
This Gluten-free Tomato Soup Recipe is made with Fresh Tomatoes!
I found myself in a weird spot recently. I had a ton of summer tomatoes but it was cold outside. I wanted something warm and comforting but had these light, summery ingredients. And then it hit me: a warming homemade tomato soup!
Why you will love this gluten-free tomato soup recipe:
This gluten-free tomato soup recipe was so, so easy to make and really delicious. I’m currently off of dairy to see if it helps clear up some skin issues I’ve been having.
To keep this tomato soup recipe dairy-free I added cauliflower to this soup and it added that creaminess I was looking for.
Not only is this recipe insanely delicious, it’s also rich in cancer-fighting ingredients. Lycopene from the tomatoes, DIM from the cauliflower (which is beneficial for abnormal cervical cells) and conjugated linoeic acid (CLA) from the grass-fed beef, which fights tumor growth!
So cozy up with a bowl of this insanely delicious, super healthy soup made with fresh tomatoes!
How to make gluten-free & dairy-free tomato soup:
First I chopped up a bunch of tomatoes. Then a bunch of onions and garlic. Then I just tossed in some frozen cauliflower.
I doused it all in olive oil, salt, and pepper and roasted for 45 minutes on 375 F. Look at these beautiful roasted veggies!
So to be honest, first I made the soup. And then I thought, well that’s not a meal.
Which is why I decided to add the meatballs and penne to bulk it up. I used my turkey meatball recipe (but used beef). Use whatever ya like.
Add-ins for this tomato soup recipe:
- Add fresh herbs! Basil would be delicious but there are more options. Rosemary and thyme can add earthiness. Add fresh chopped chives and Italian parsley sprinkled on top for a fresh finish.
- Feel free to add a splash of something creamy to your tomato soup for richness. Cream, ghee or butter may be the first things that come to mind, but if you are dairy-free go for coconut milk or coconut cream for a very similar effect.
- A dash of balsamic vinegar can add a sweet and tart moment.
- Not a fan of penne in soup? Stir in cooked white rice, orzo or wild rice.
Tips for making this gluten-free tomato soup recipe:
- Be sure to check out my delicious turkey meatball recipe HERE.
- I use THESE gluten-free noodles, they’re the best!
- For this fresh tomato soup recipe, I use homemade bone broth (recipe here) but you can use store-bought.
DID YOU MAKE AND LOVE THIS GLUTEN FREE TOMATO SOUP RECIPE? GIVE IT YOUR REVIEW BELOW! AND MAKE SURE TO SHARE YOUR CREATIONS BY TAGGING ME ON INSTAGRAM!
Gluten-Free Tomato Soup with Penne and Meatballs
- 8 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups bone broth
- 8 oz gluten-free pene
- 1 meatball recipe
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic and cauliflower to a baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil over top and add the salt and pepper. Mix it all up.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Add the roasted veggies and bone broth to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- While the veggies are roasting, make the meatballs and cook the penne according to package instructions.
- Add the soup, penne, and meatballs together and stir. Add basil and/or parsley on top!