Despite the title, no, this is not a smoothie for your face. Although that doesn’t sound like a bad idea. I’ll have to try that. This smoothie actually works from the inside out to help reduce and even prevent wrinkles. Wondering how?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. It makes up our skin, our hair, our nails, our joints, our cartilage, etc. At the age of 25, we produce less and less collagen. This is why we see more wrinkles, brittle bones, arthritis and less lustrous hair with age.
One reason for both cellulite and stretch marks is a breakdown in connective tissue. Collagen helps our skin remain firm and elastic. Collagen helps the skin retain structural integrity. Remember that collagen is a protein, a protein that helps form the connective tissue of the skin. If it’s lacking or damaged, this will result in wrinkles (as well as stretch marks, arthritis, weak nails, damaged hair, etc.).
For this reason, I take collagen every. single. day.
In addition, this recipe also contains Four Sigmatic Beauty Superfoods Blend. Four Sigmatic is an awesome company that creates blends of antioxidant and anti-carcinogenic rich mushrooms. I’m only just starting to learn about mushrooms and it’s fascinating. They are incredibly healthy and extremely healing. It contains:
Tremella dual-extract, Acerola (Malphigia glabra) cherries, Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) seeds, Astragalus (Astragalus membranaceus) root, Schisandra (Schisandra chinensis) berries
From their site,
- Contains five widely used beauty herbs, berries and mushrooms
- Including schisandra berries (also known as “beauty berries”) and tremella mushroom.
- May support liver function.
- Good source of natural vitamin C (216% DV per dose)
- Could increase glutathione levels
And of course, blueberries are rich in antioxidants!
Wrinkle Reducing Berry Smoothie
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 scoop collagen use code ANCESTRAL10 for 10% off! - see notes
- 1 cup coconut water or goat kefir
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp Four Sigmatic Beauty Superfood Blends
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Put everything in a blender and blend until smooth!