Thanks to the addition of apple cider vinegar, lemon and raw honey, these boosting power shots are the best collagen drink recipe ever. Consumed regularly, this easy-to-make collagen drink promotes glowing skin, reduces wrinkles and cellulite, improves digestion and strengthens the immune system!
Shots, shots, shots! Collagen shots for EVERYBODY! And we are not talking about collagen injections. We are talking about the best collagen drink out there with tons of health benefits and a pleasantly refreshing taste. By serving this health-boosting concoction in little shot glasses, you can easily down your daily dose of collagen in the morning before heading off to work.
Why this Apple Cider Collagen Drink is literally the healthiest thing you can put into your body:
- It improves gut function,
- strengthens the immune system,
- can help clear skin,
- improves/eliminates allergies
- and can even reduce and prevent wrinkles, stretch marks and cellulite!
You’re probably wondering how that’s all possible. So I’m going to break the ingredients of this collagen drink recipe and their health benefits down for ya.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is loaded with beneficial enzymes and bacteria. It can also help kill off harmful pathogens and bacteria. Evidence has shown it to be beneficial for those with type 2 diabetes. ACV is made up of acetic acid and therefore a shot of it can help reduce heartburn. This is because heartburn is actually caused by a lack of acid.
Because ACV is packed with beneficial enzymes and bacteria and can help kill off harmful pathogens in the gut, it will boost the immune system. Roughly 90% of the immune system is in the gut, so when our gut is healthy – we are healthy.
In addition, the acetic acid in Apple Cider Vinegar can help kill off candida, which can cause anxiety, depression, acne, fatigue, foggy brain, eczema, etc.
Lemon is loaded with vitamin C, which you likely already know is good for the immune system and helps ward off sickness. But studies have shown that the polyphenols in lemon suppress weight gain and fat accumulation.
Lemon encourages the liver to produce enzymes as well as bile, which will, in turn, promote digestion and more effectively remove toxins from your system. Lemon is a diuretic, meaning it promotes urination – which is another way the body flushes toxins.
You can find the collagen hydrolysate I recommend here, enter code ANCESTRAL10 to get it for 10% off! And if you buy three or more, you’ll get an additional 25% off! That’s 35% off!
It is rich in the amino acids glycine and proline, which are especially beneficial for bones, joints, cartilage, skin cells, hair and nails. Around the age of 25, the collagen our bodies produce begins to rapidly decline. This is why we start to see wrinkles, cellulite, stretch marks and sallow skin. Supplementing with collagen helps prevent this.
Collagen hydrolysate also heals the gut lining. Many people suffer from leaky gut or at least a compromised gut due to the diet we’ve been fed since childhood. If you’re anything like me, you grew up on white bread, white sugar, margarine and some cheap lunch meat. Healing the gut strengthens the immune system.
There are so many health benefits of raw honey. Raw honey is naturally high in beneficial enzymes but even contains some minerals like zinc, potassium, and magnesium. It can even be used topically to disinfect a wound.
Raw honey has anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties, making it great for the gut (remember – the majority of health ailments begin in the gut). It can reduce or even eliminate seasonal allergies, boost the immune system, aid digestion and reduce inflammation.
It is really the addition of raw honey really that makes this the best collagen drink ever. Not only does it taste amazing, but despite containing sugar, it will not spike your blood sugar.
If you can’t find truly raw honey near you, you can order it here.
Tips on how to make the best Collagen Drink / Collagen Shots:
- These collagen shots can be easily prepared in advance. Just make a batch on Sunday and you’re good for the week.
- The easiest way to make this apple cider collagen drink is to add the ingredients to a mason jar, close the lid, give it a good shake, and put it into the fridge.
- While tap water is safe to drink in many areas, it may still contain trace contaminants, which is why I recommend filtered water. By water filters or purified bottled water, drinking water undergoes another level of purification, removing metals, chemicals and other contaminants.
Optional Add-Ons and Variations on this Apple Cider Collagen Drink recipe:
- Himalayan salt – rich in minerals and great for the adrenals.
- Cayenne pepper – there’s some evidence that is can promote weight loss and is a natural fat burner. It’s anti-inflammatory, boosts the metabolism and is beneficial to the cardiovascular system.
Is this Collagen Apple Cider Drink good for weight loss?
While you definitely should not think of this collagen drink as a meal replacement, it is certainly a great addition to a healthy diet. There is some scientific evidence that suggests that Apple Cider Vinegar is beneficial to weight loss. The idea is that the acetic acid produced during the fermentation process can help control appetite and burn fat.
What are the benefits of drinking collagen?
You have probably seen expensive spas sell collagen treatments they apply to the skin. Let me tell you that this is worthless because the skin cannot absorb collagen. It has to be taken internally like in food or a drink. This recipe is definitely the best collagen drink I have ever tasted, so try it out!
My Collagen Drink got thick and chunky! What did I do wrong?
I’ve received a lot of comments on the collagen making the drink thick or chunky. That’s because you used the wrong collagen. This is the brand I recommend, it dissolves easily and is tasteless. You can’t even tell it’s in there.
How to make the best Collagen Drink ( Lemon, Apple Cider Collagen Shots):
- 1.5 cups filtered water (I use this filter)
- 7 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- juice of one lemon
- 5 tbsp of collagen (I recommend this brand exclusively, use code ANCESTRAL10 to get 10% off and purchase 3 or more for an additional 25% off, for a total of 35% off!)
- 1 tbsp of raw honey
- Combine and shake.
- Store in a glass container in the fridge.
- This makes about five servings, which you can pour into a shot glass and take once a day.
- *I make this every Sunday to drink throughout the week.