I love eggs benedict. Anytime I go to brunch, which is kind of a lot because brunch is awesome, I always get eggs benedict without the English muffin. Unfortunately, it’s not very filling without the English muffin; so I always ask for a third egg…and extra hollandaise (love that shit). So I’m not only asking for a modified order with no muffin, I’m also asking for an extra egg and extra hollandaise sauce. Yes, I am that girl. I always apologize in advance for my complicated orders. I assumed EB was hard to make due to the hollandaise sauce. Turns out, it’s actually really easy. When you make it my way at least. I don’t know about other people but I imagine they’re less efficient.
Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict with Dill Hollandaise (Paleo, Primal, GAPS, PHD)
For the eggs and muffin
- 2 eggs
- 1 grain-free English muffin cut in half
- few slices of smoked salmon
For the hollandaise
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dill
- Boil some water.
- Break eggs into a cup, then slowly pour into the boiling water one at a time.
- Let them cook for 4 minutes, then strain them. Let them dry a bit.
- Layer 1 side of the muffin, then smoked salmon, then egg, then hollandaise.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Break the two egg yolks into a blender or food processor and turn it on.
- Very slowly, drizzle in the butter. Super slowly!
- The sauce will thicken, add dill (or sprinkle it on top, like I did because I forgot to add it to the blender).