Stir fry is a great option if you need to cook something quickly. Which was the case yesterday when I’d worked straight until 1:30, paused, and realized I was starving. I try to eat at the same time each day, but it’s not something I’m good at. Even I’m not perfect, which is unbelievable, I know.
Anyway, after a marathon shopping trip at Trader Joe’s AND Whole Foods, I had a shit ton of veggies in my fridge, along with wild shrimp. Scott is obsessed with shrimp. I buy it in bulk when TJ’s actually has it because their wild shrimp is way cheaper than anyone else’s.
So yeah, this is a bunch of veggies, along with kelp noodles (which are freaking AMAZING in Asian dishes) in a stir fry sauce. It’s really, really good.
Paleo Shrimp, Veggie and Kelp Noodle Stir Fry
This easy Shrimp & Veggie Kelp Noodle Stir fry is a great option if you need to cook something quickly. A bunch of veggies, along with kelp noodles (which are freaking AMAZING in Asian dishes) in a stir fry sauce. It’s paleo, gluten-free and really, really good.
- 2 carrots sliced or cut into strips using THIS
- 1 cup snap peas cut in half
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut oil I use THIS coconut oil which doesn’t have any coconut flavor
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 cups shrimp
- 4 oz kelp noodles found HERE
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos found HERE
- 1 tbsp sesame oil I use THIS brand
- 2 tbsp sriracha found HERE
- 1 tbsp fish sauce THIS brand
- 2 green onions sclies
- Melt one tbsp coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced carrots, onions and snap peas.
- While they’re cooking, melt the other tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and when they’re almost done, add the minced garlic.
- Now add the shrimp and kelp as well as the coconut aminos, sriracha, sesame oil, fish sauce and green onions together.
- Toss for a few minutes until everything is combined.
You could substitute shirataki noodles for Kelp Noodles
Serving: 1servingCalories: 417kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 29gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 322mgSodium: 3013mgPotassium: 513mgFiber: 4gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 10845IUVitamin C: 52.7mgCalcium: 317mgIron: 4.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!