The other day I was in my kitchen; I had opened the refrigerator door about 17 times to hopefully inspire some dinner inspiration. I kept looking but all I saw was eggs, random veggies and some cold leftover chicken.
I wasn’t feeling it.
So then I walked over to my pantry and opened it about 28 times, hoping that something would catch my eye and inspiration would strike.
Am I the only one who does this? Who opens up their fridge and pantry 85 times, hoping something will appear or I somehow overlooked something amazing?
Well, this time it actually happened.
The lowly can of wild salmon. $3.99 at Trader Joe’s. Full of omega-3s, vitamin D, calcium. And cheap as hell.
I love a healthy, cheap source of protein (which may be why I eat so many eggs).
Anyway, these babies are super healthy. They’re paleo, gluten-free, low-carb, dairy-free, keto…what else? There are so many damn diets out there that I forget all of the labels this falls under.
Either way, these are absolutely delicious and incredibly healthy. My toddler loved them too!
Salmon Cake with Tartar Sauce (Paleo, Gluten-Free, Keto)
- 1 can wild salmon 14.75 oz
- 1 eggs
- 4 tbsp chopped bell pepper I used yellow
- 1/4 diced red onion
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 fermented pickle chopped finely
- 1 tbsp red onion
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- stevia to taste
- Mix all ingredients by hand and form into patties.
- Turn pan to medium-high heat, heat olive oil – enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Fry each salmon patty for about two minutes.
- For the tartar sauce, combine the mayo, pickle, red onion, dill and parsley.
- Add about 2-3 drops of stevia, just to sweeten it up and bring out the flavors.
- Add more stevia if you like. Serve on top of the patties.