Risotto is such a rich, decadent food. I mean, super creamy rice – what’s not to love? Well, I don’t love eating a giant bowl of rice. Don’t get me wrong, I eat white rice from time to time, especially if I’ve worked out that day. But a healthier option is definitely subbing cauliflower for the rice. And it actually tastes pretty amazing.
Paleo Leek, Mushroom and Grape Tomato Risotto
Paleo Leek, Mushroom and Tomato Cauliflower Risotto
This is the perfect easy low-carb alternative to regular risotto! Loaded with healthy mushrooms, leeks and tomatoes and made extra creamy through the addition of coconut cream.
- 4 cups cauliflower riced (using food processor or grater)
- 4 large mushrooms sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 3/4 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup raw & grass-fed cream or coconut cream the thick part at the top
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter over medium to medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté. Add the leeks. Once the leeks have softened, add the tomatoes.
- Then add the cauliflower rice. Let it cook until tender but not mushy. Add the cream.
Button Mushrooms or Portobello work really well here.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 395kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 8gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 177mgPotassium: 1132mgFiber: 7gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1560IUVitamin C: 112mgCalcium: 82mgIron: 3.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!