Who loves sriracha? How about Sriracha Chicken?
I saw the recipe for sriracha chicken floating around Pinterest and like most of the meals I make, I decide I can make them healthier but still taste really good. Because why not?
I like to think I’m getting pretty good at that. Especially Chinese food. Because I haven’t had Chinese food in about five years, and I freaking love it.
What recipe would you like to see next from me? Let me know in the comments!
Paleo Honey Sriracha Chicken
This easy sweet and spicy Paleo Honey Sriracha Chicken is a meal I cook whenever I crave Chinese take-out but want to keep things healthy. Serve it over white rice or cauliflower rice for a quick and simple low-carb dinner!
- 3 chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 4 tbsp unflavored coconut oil
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Heat the coconut oil over medium to medium-high heat.
- Coat each piece of chicken in tapioca flour.
- Fry until golden on each side.
- While the chicken is frying, add all the sauce ingredient to a pan except the garlic.
- Let this cook on medium heat until it thickens a bit.
- Once thickened, cook the garlic.
- Toss the sauce and chicken together, serve with white rice or cauliflower rice.
Honey can be substituted with maple syrup, coconut oil with ghee.
Calories: 847kcalCarbohydrates: 75gProtein: 48gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 1338mgPotassium: 882mgSugar: 17gVitamin A: 275IUVitamin C: 18.7mgCalcium: 19mgIron: 1.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!