I know that cabbage is kind of an acquired taste. It seems like people either love it or hate it.
I grew up eating it, so I love it. Which is great because cabbage is super healthy, especially when it’s paired with carrots, ginger, jalapeño, fermented mayo and apple cider vinegar. This salad will help:
- prevent cancer
- improve gut function
- provide beneficial enzymes
- provide beneficial gut flora
- reduce inflammation
- provide several vitamins and minerals
- boost the immune system
So yeah, I’d say this salad is pretty good for you. And it tastes awesome! I love the spiciness of the jalapeño with the sweetness of the raw honey and creaminess of the homemade mayo. Oh my god it’s so good.
Immune Boosting Spicy Cabbage Salad
- 1 small head of cabbage sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar I only use THIS brand
- 2 tbsp fermented mayo omit the garlic in THIS recipe
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey I like THIS brand
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Simply toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. This is the perfect salad to make a batch of and keep in your fridge all week to use as a side.