I know that cabbage is kind of an acquired taste. It seems like people either love it or hate it.
I grew up eating it, so I love it. Which is great because cabbage is super healthy, especially when it’s paired with carrots, ginger, jalapeño, fermented mayo and apple cider vinegar. This salad will help:
- prevent cancer
- improve gut function
- provide beneficial enzymes
- provide beneficial gut flora
- reduce inflammation
- provide several vitamins and minerals
- boost the immune system
So yeah, I’d say this salad is pretty good for you. And it tastes awesome! I love the spiciness of the jalapeño with the sweetness of the raw honey and creaminess of the homemade mayo. Oh my god it’s so good.
Immune Boosting Spicy Cabbage Salad
This easy red cabbage salad will help: prevent cancer, improve gut function, provide beneficial enzymes provide beneficial gut flora reduce inflammation provide several vitamins and minerals boost the immune system detoxify
- 1 small head of cabbage sliced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar I only use THIS brand
- 2 tbsp fermented mayo omit the garlic in THIS recipe
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey I like THIS brand
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Simply toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. This is the perfect salad to make a batch of and keep in your fridge all week to use as a side.
Serving: 1servingCalories: 126kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 3gFat: 5gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 106mgPotassium: 483mgFiber: 6gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 5370IUVitamin C: 89.3mgCalcium: 101mgIron: 1.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!