I have something to share with you. Aioli is just a fancy word for flavored mayo. So garlic aioli = garlic-flavored mayonnaise.
If you omitted the roasted garlic, this would just be mayo, and I love me some mayo. Unfortunately, most mayo is made using rancid vegetable oils that are high in inflammatory omega-6 fatty acids. Since I’m trying to avoid heart disease, obesity and cancer, I tend to avoid store-bought mayo.
These are the ingredients in Hellman’s olive oil mayo:
WATER, SOYBEAN OIL, OLIVE OIL, WHOLE EGGS AND EGG YOLKS, MODIFIED POTATO STARCH, VINEGAR, SALT, SUGAR, LEMON JUICE, SORBIC ACID AND CALCIUM DISODIUM EDTA (USED TO PROTECT QUALITY), NATURAL FLAVOR, PAPRIKA OLEORESIN
GMOs, preservatives and sketchy ingredients. No thanks. It’s easier to just make my own and not inflame my insides.
Lacto-Fermented Garlic Aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup expeller pressed coconut oil no coconut oil flavor
- 1/2 head roasted garlic wrap a head of garlic in tin foil and bake for 25 minutes on 400
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp whey
- dash of Himalayan salt
- Put the egg yolks in a blender and add the garlic.
- While the blender or food processor is on low, slowly pour in the coconut oil. I mean, a very slow stream. Go slower!
- Once all the coconut oil is gone and it's nice and thick, add the lemon, whey and sea salt.