This Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Crostini is so delicious and perfect for a warm spring dinner outside! Paired with a crisp glass of white wine – it’s divine.
You guys, I love a crostini. They’re delicious little morsels of food that I can eat with my hands. What’s better?
And if you’ve never had mashed peas, you’re in for a fucking TREAT. They are so, so good. Assuming you like peas in the first place.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Crostini:
- if you’re dairy-free, use a nut based mozzarella
- put a finger partially over the bottle of olive oil when drizzling the crostinis so you don’t drown then in oil
- feel free to add a spring herb, like mint or chives
- don’t add too much salt to the peas, prosciutto is already quite salty
Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Baguette
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mashed peas (cook, drain, mash)
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mozzarella
- 2 oz prosciutto
- Slice the baguette and drizzle olive oil over each one, or brush it on.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and put under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add a slice of mozzarella to each.
- Top with a piece of prosciutto.