This Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Crostini is so delicious and perfect for a warm spring dinner outside! Paired with a crisp glass of white wine – it’s divine.
You guys, I love a crostini. They’re delicious little morsels of food that I can eat with my hands. What’s better?
And if you’ve never had mashed peas, you’re in for a fucking TREAT. They are so, so good. Assuming you like peas in the first place.
This is one of those kind of fancy recipes that couldn’t be easier to make. And is also gluten-free. I used Against the Grain baguette or you can use a keto baguette or make your own baguette.
Tips for making Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Crostini:
- if you’re dairy-free, use a nut based mozzarella
- put a finger partially over the bottle of olive oil when drizzling the crostinis so you don’t drown then in oil
- feel free to add a spring herb, like mint or chives
- don’t add too much salt to the peas, prosciutto is already quite salty
Gluten-Free Spring Pea & Prosciutto Baguette
This recipe is perfect for an appetizer and goes great with a dry, crisp glass of white wine!
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1 inch rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mashed peas (cook, drain, mash)
- 1/2 cup fresh sliced mozzarella
- 2 oz prosciutto
- Slice the baguette and drizzle olive oil over each one, or brush it on.
- Place the slices on a baking tray and put under the broiler for 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Add a slice of mozzarella to each.
- Top with a piece of prosciutto.
To make the peas, get a bag of frozen organic peas and boil until tender. Drain and mash them. Use any kind of baguette you like, but opt for gluten-free and minimal ingredients. To make this paleo and dairy-free, use a nut based mozzarella.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!