I have a confession. I used to get drunk and go to Taco Bell as a teenager. The Mexican Pizza was my JAM. My friend Ali (still one of my closest friends) and I would blast Notorious B.I.G. and giggle and stuff our faces with Taco Bell. You see? This is why I needed to eventually become a nutritionist! I definitely needed a lifestyle change. Which leads to my new favorite recipe: Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza.
Taco Bell is kind of notoriously bad food. They use horrible quality meat. In fact, their beef is only 88% beef. Curious what’s in the other 12%? You should be. Because it’s gross.
- maltodextrin (from GMO corn)
- tortula yeast (a processed yeast-like fungus)
- modified corn starch (more GMOs)
- soy lecithin (from GMO soy)
- sodium phosphate
- lactic acid
- caramel color (a carcinogen)
- trehalose (a preservative)
Yes, Taco Bell beef has not one ingredient, but nine. Nine unhealthy ingredients.
This is why ya’ll need to make your own gluten-free Mexican pizza and tacos (see all my taco recipes HERE) and whatever else you’d order from Taco Bell. It’s so easy to make these foods at home.
I use Siete almond flour tortillas, you can find them at most organic grocery stores. I use grass-fed ground beef and cheese, organic refried beans and organic tomatoes. This is how I eat whatever I want. I just make healthier versions.
This recipe is so easy to make, you only have to cook the ground beef and assemble the pizza, then bake. Super simple. Insanely delicious.
Gluten-Free Mexican Pizza
- 2 Siete almond flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup organic refried beans
- 1/2 cup grass-fed ground beef cook with 1/2 tsp each of garlic powder, cumin and chili powder
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/3 cup organic shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- Thaw the tortillas.
- Spread the refried beans onto one tortilla.
- Add the beef on top of that.
- Top that with the second tortilla.
- Spread the salsa overtop.
- Sprinkle the cheese and tomatoes on top of the salsa.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is nice and melty.
- Top with cilantro.