There’s a farm to table restaurant in my neighborhood that I love. As if that’s not awesome enough, they also make amazing bloodies (not the most appetizing nickname for a drink). There’s even an entire menu dedicated to all the different Bloody Mary options. One of the options, and it’s freaking delicious, is pickle juice.
I don’t often drink liquor, but I do love me a good Bloody Mary. So I recently decided to make them at home. And then genius hit. I had an almost empty jar of Bubbie’s pickles. I used the fermented pickle juice to make an awesome Bloody, and I made it healthier! I’m all for making healthier versions of cocktails. The pickle juice is loaded with probiotics which makes it a great addition to this classic cocktail.
Fermented Bloody Mary
- 1 cup clamato juice
- 1/2 cup fermented pickle juice I used the juice from THIS brand
- 1/4 cup vodka or tequila I prefer tequila
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire I use THIS brand
- 1 tsp grated horseradish
- 1 dash hot sauce I used THIS brand, I like it spicy
- several dashes of Old Bay THIS is Old Bay, it's the best seasoning in the world and I use quite a bit
- lemon slices
- cucumber slices
- Combine all ingredients in a pitcher.
- Add ice to glasses
- Pour over the ice, add garnishes.