Recently Scott and I had our friends Nick and Tasha over for dinner. I made a stupid amount of mashed potatoes because mashed potatoes are delicious and I knew they’d get eaten as a side dish for dinners later in the week (which makes my life a lot easier). I highly recommend making a lot of food at once and storing a portion of it in your refrigerator until you need it. But don’t make too much, like I did. I made a massive amount of mashed taters, to the point where we already had them like, three times as a side dish and I was sick of them. So I turned them into tater pancakes. And they were good.
Paleo Primal Potato Pancakes
- 3 cups mashed potatoes sweet potatoes or turnips
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil
- Thoroughly combine the eggs and taters or turnips.
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Spoon some of the mixture into the pan, your first batch should make three pancakes.
- Fry on either side until golden brown.
- Add the other tbsp of coconut oil and form three more pancakes.
- Top with sour cream, chives, smoked salmon, apple sauce, whatever.