I am not one of those girls who can sweat and not smell. I live in DC, where summers are hot, humid and gross. I go to the gym. I spend as much time outside as I can. And I’ve tried just about every organic, non-toxic deodorant on the market. And I’m going to be rill rill honest with you – none of them have worked for me. Not a single one. They may help a little, but they don’t stop the stank.
This is the only organic and non-toxic deodorant I’ve ever tried that actually works. It’s what I use at the gym and I just made a bunch to take to Key West in a couple days (where I’ll also be sweating my pits off).
I’m not exaggerating when I say this is awesome. Take is from a previously smelly girl who finally found a solution to smelling like a dude. Who just ran a marathon. In 110 degree weather.
- 1 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of tapioca or arrowroot
- 1/3 cup of baking soda
- 5 drops lavendar
- 5 drops lime
- 5 drops melaleuca
- Don’t melt the coconut oil, otherwise the tapioca/baking soda will sink to the bottom when it solidifies.
- Instead, combine all ingredients in a large bowl, including solid coconut oil.
- Stir all ingredients until combined. Smash the coconut oil and the tapioca and baking soda.
- Once it’s all mixed together, transfer to a jar like THIS (will fill about two of these specific jars.