I will not let my love of margaritas be limited to Cinco de Mayo, taco nights and summertime. Margaritas are a year-round treat, people! And this crazy good cranberry Christmas margarita is proof of that!
There are only two types of alcohol I drink: wine and tequila.
I love my wine, particularly with a delicious meal. Or better yet, oysters. A crisp glass of sauvignon blanc with a delicious oyster is one of my favorite treats ever.
But a margarita is so fun, so festive.
And while most people think a margarita is more appropriate for tacos, for summertime and/or Cinco de Mayo – margaritas are actually super versatile.
Plus, they don’t give you a hangover like beer or wine and certainly not like brown liquor would.
So back to this margarita. I made it and sat by my tree and sipped it while my sons and husband played. It was so delicious but also had such great flavor, especially with the sprig of rosemary added in.
It’s festive, delicious and relatively healthy for a booze drink.
Benefits of this Cranberry Christmas Margarita:
- tequila is low carb
- tequila is low sugar
- tart cranberry juice promotes urinary tract health
- lime juice contains vitamin C
- limes are a great source of antioxidants
- Use fresh limes. Always.
- For a tart drink, use two limes. For less tart, use one.
- If you’d like to sweeten it up, add about five drops of stevia (I like THIS brand).
- Make sure you purchase tart cranberry juice with no added sugar.
- Use a regular ol’ citrus juice. I also use THIS one to make my lemon water every morning.
Try these recipes and articles from ME! I’m very helpful:
Cranberry Christmas Margarita
- 1 shot good silver tequila
- 1/4 shot Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 shot tart cranberry juice (no sugar added)
- juice of 1-2 limes
- a sprig of rosemary
- 5 drops stevia (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over ice.
- Add a sprig of rosemary.