I love me some Asian eggplant. Whenever Scott and I go to the Thai place by our house we split the sauteed eggplant. I have no idea what it’s sauteed in (probably sugar, vegetable oil, HFCS and garlic) but it tastes awesome. That’s the thing about going out to eat: you never know what they’re putting in the food. Since I cooked the majority of our meals, I don’t stress about it when we go out to restaurants, but I also figured I could probably make it myself. Which is great, because this is my new favorite way to eat eggplant. It was so, so good!
Asian Eggplant and Chicken (Paleo, Primal)
Try my healthy paleo spin on restaurant-style chicken with eggplants in a sweet and spicy sauce that has no refined sugar in it!
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large eggplant cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 cups chicken breast diced into cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add all other ingredients except the garlic.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. The eggplant will absorb the sauce and they will turn into flavor bombs.
- Once the eggplant is soft and has absorbed all the liquid, add the garlic and give it a toss.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
Calories: 977kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 77gFat: 49gSaturated Fat: 37gCholesterol: 192mgSodium: 6484mgPotassium: 2490mgFiber: 14gSugar: 42gVitamin A: 195IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 125mgIron: 3.9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!