I love me some Asian eggplant. Whenever Scott and I go to the Thai place by our house we split the sauteed eggplant. I have no idea what it’s sauteed in (probably sugar, vegetable oil, HFCS and garlic) but it tastes awesome. That’s the thing about going out to eat: you never know what they’re putting in the food. Since I cooked the majority of our meals, I don’t stress about it when we go out to restaurants, but I also figured I could probably make it myself. Which is great, because this is my new favorite way to eat eggplant. It was so, so good!
Asian Eggplant and Chicken (Paleo, Primal)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large eggplant cut into cubes
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 2 cups chicken breast diced into cubes
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add all other ingredients except the garlic.
- Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. The eggplant will absorb the sauce and they will turn into flavor bombs.
- Once the eggplant is soft and has absorbed all the liquid, add the garlic and give it a toss.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.