Sometimes, I love spending a long time in the kitchen cooking. Scott will have a game on in the living room, I’ll be cooking an awesome dinner and drinking wine, and it’s really fun for me. But during the week, more often than not I am hungry and want some easy, tasty food in my stomach as soon as possible. In this case, I have an arsenal of 20 minute meals; meals that are super easy to make and still taste great. And honestly, due to meal prepping, this dinner took me less than twenty minutes, more like 15. Which is perfect if you’re a busy student, parent or workin’ woman. I had it with a side of cauliflower (pre-cooked) that I heated up with a lot of butter. You can make whichever side you like, green beans, cheesy broccoli, mashed sweet potatoes, white rice with butter, whatever floats your boat.
Serves 2, or 1 person for lunch and dinner the next day
20 Minute Tomato Basil Chicken
- 4 thin chicken thighs you could also use breasts sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 4 large basil leaves sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Heat whichever fat you choose over medium-high heat.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan for about two minutes, or until they begin to soften.
- Add the chicken, making sure it’s touching the pan.
- Cook the chicken for about 3 minutes on both sides, depending on the thickness.
- During the last minute or so of cooking, add the basil and garlic. Give it a toss.
- How easy is that?! And it’s so tasty!