It’s finally warm (ish) in DC and I found some strawberries while at the grocery store so I decided to make these cupcakes. They remind me of a strawberry margarita, which reminds me of summer, which makes me feel like it’s right around the corner. Even though I have several months to go.
Last weekend I took these to my friend Joey’s birthday party. Unless all of my friends were just really drunk, they seemed to enjoy the cupcakes. I’d think maybe they were just sparing my feelings, but my friends aren’t like that.
So, these taste good even to non-paleo/grain-free people!
Easy Strawberry Cupcakes with Lime Frosting
- 2 cups whole strawberries blend them until smooth, a Vitamix is best because it will pulverize the seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup honey
- pinch of salt
- 2 avocados
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp raw honey more if you like it sweeter (I like THIS brand)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all ingredients until there are no lumps.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- For the frosting, combine all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Pipe on cupcakes once they are cooled. Give to drunk friends.