My husband is a chocolate chip cookie monster. It’s his favorite cookie. On Wednesday I made a big batch of these cookies (which I’ve been perfecting for a while) for our friend’s birthday today. The recipe below makes about 14 cookies. When I woke up this morning, there were two left.
HE’S EATEN TWELVE COOKIES SINCE WEDNESDAY. IT’S FRIDAY MORNING.
So while it’s a bummer I won’t be gifting these to my friend for his b-day, at least I know that they’re good. Sometimes I’m not sure if I like something I’ve made because I’m so used to eating grain and sugar free, or if they actually taste good.
Scott is a chocolate chip cookie expert and said these were really good – but very soft. He’s one of those people that prefers a crunchier chocolate chip cookie. I am not. These are super soft and chewy, just don’t over-bake them.
Soft, Chewy & Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond butter or you can use Trader Joe's creamy almond butter, which is what I used
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp aluminum free baking powder
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the eggs, almond butter, coconut flour, coconut sugar, vanilla and baking powder.
- Combine until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips. I used an ice cream scoop to scoop out the batter onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. But keep an eye on it! My baking time may vary from yours.