This is seriously a superfood breakfast. The eggs and salmon provide a hefty dose of omega-3s while the fermented dill & cucumber salsa is full of beneficial enzymes and probiotics. This will help you absorb and break down your food as well as give your gut a boost of beneficial flora. This helps keep your skin clear, wards off anxiety and depression, fights yeast infections, boost your immune system – I mean really, the list goes on. This stuff if HEALTHY. And it tastes good.
This breakfast bowl is particularly rich i: B12, B3, B6, B6, vitamin A, vitamin D, copper, phosphorous and selenium. Who the hell said ever said eggs were unhealthy? Idiots.
Not only is it incredibly healthy, it tastes great and is completely satisfying. That’s the thing about eating nutrient dense food! Hunger is actually your brain’s way of telling you that your body needs nutrients. When you eat nutrient-dense meals, not only do you not need as much food, you aren’t hungry an hour later! Which is how I feel when I eat oatmeal, I don’t know how a big old bowl of carbs satiates anyone. Gimme the fat!
Smoked Salmon Scrambled Eggs with Probiotic Salsa
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon
- 2 tbsp fermented dill & cucumber salsa
- Turn the stovetop to medium-low heat and let the butter melt.
- Scramble the eggs.
- Cook the eggs slowly, turning them in the pan regularly.
- When they’re almost done, toss in the salmon. You don’t want to do this at the beginning because it will cook and change the taste and texture of smoked salmon.
- Top with the cucumber & dill salsa.