I love white rice. It’s low in phytic acid, easier to digest than brown rice, and a great form of glucose. Summer rolls are a traditional Asian appetizer that usually come with shrimp and pork, or for a vegetarian version, the dreaded tofu. I just used shrimp for mine. I love making these, and they do really well at parties.
These can be served with coconut aminos, or if you eat soy, gluten-free soy sauce (tamari)
Shrimp Summer Rolls
- 1/2 head of lettuce
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 big avocado
- 10 shrimps
- 3 tbsps mayo
- 2 tbsp hot sauce I like it spicy
- 6 rice wraps
- Roughly chop the romaine, slice the onion and avocado.
- Slice or use a spiralizer to get the carrots and cucumber into long, thin strips.
- Add mayo and rooster sauce to the carrots and cucumbers.
- If the shrimp is uncooked, give them a quick sear and let cool.
- Dip the rice wrap in warm water and let it soften.
- Layer the romaine, onion, avocado, cucumber & carrot mixture and shrimp. Wrap like a burrito.