The first time I had ceviche was on a remote beach in Mexico with Scott (then boyfriend, now husband). It was a tiny island called Holbox and I am seriously jonesing to go back. But for now, the closest I’m going to get is trying to recreate the ceviche I had on the beach that day.
It was so flavorful, with fresh caught shrimp, mango, red onion and a whole bunch of cilantro. It was spicy from jalapeño, which I love but omitted from this recipe because Scott hates it. But if I were you, I’d definitely add a bunch of it! I love spicy food andjalapeño would make a beautiful addition.
This recipe took me under fifteen minutes to make, and the shrimp I used were frozen! Such an easy, healthy, light meal.
- 2 cups shrimp you can used fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup mango diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 tomato diced
- juice of one lemon or lime
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 japapeno
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil a pot of water. Add the shrimp until they begin to turn pink, then drain until dry and let cool.
- Add the mango, tomato, red onion, cilantro and the juice of a fresh lemon or lime to a bowl.
- Once the shrimp has cooled, chop into pieces and toss together with all the veggies.