I love serving these scallops over cauliflower puree! Some people also call it cauliflower mash. Call it whatever you want. Just steam cauliflower until soft, put it in the blender with a shit ton of butter, puree until smooth. Boom.
I don’t usually buy scallops because they’re on the pricier side. But when I was in my local, organic grocery store, these were marked down because the day I was shopping also happened to be the “sell by” date for these babies. They were only $2.50! How awesome is that.
Tomato Scallops on Cauliflower Puree
- 6 sea scallops
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small tomato I got mine from the farmers market, summer ‘maters are too good
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 garlic clove garlic minced
- Dice the tomato and saute in the butter.
- Add the scallops. Cook for two minutes on each side to properly brown.
- Add the garlic and parsley and give it a toss.
- Serve over cauliflower puree