I am a huge fan of raw treats. Raw taco wraps? I love ’em. Beef jerkey made in my dehydrator? Amazing. Raw desserts? ARE THE BOMB. Unfortunately, a lot of store bought raw desserts contain agave nectar and are super expensive. If you have a good blender, raw desserts are actually really easy to make at home. Summertime is the perfect time of year to make this dessert. Berries are juicy, fresh and in-season. I even got these at my local farmers market.
Raw Mixed Berry Cheesecake ( paleo, primal, vegan)
Try my healthy raw vegan berry cheesecake! It’s free from refined sugar and gluten and is the perfect easy summer dessert for dinner parties.
- 1 cup dates soaked for at least one hour
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 cups cashews soaked for at least one hour
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2-2/3 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup water you may need to thin this out a bit
- Combine the almond flour and dates in a food processor until a dough forms. Press the dough into a 9-inch springform pan.
- Blend the cashews, berries, lemon juice, coconut oil, honey and vanilla on high. I use a Vitamix because it pulverizes the tiny seeds in the berries.
- Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until the cheesecake it firmly set.
Make sure to soak the cashew nuts in water overnight. As a shortcut, you can soak them in hot water for 15 mins.
Serving: 1StückCalories: 581kcalCarbohydrates: 45gProtein: 12gFat: 42gSaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 6mgPotassium: 425mgFiber: 7gSugar: 28gVitamin A: 60IUVitamin C: 9.5mgCalcium: 79mgIron: 3.9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!