Spaghetti is Scott’s favorite food and let’s be honest, zucchini noodles just don’t cut it. It’s not the same. I gave up spaghetti for a long time because I don’t eat wheat, until I found white rice noodles (which turned out to be an awesome gluten-free and safe starch alternative). I’ll be honest, I was skeptical at first. I thought it would be a lot like eating pad Thai or pho noodles with spaghetti sauce on top. Gross. But it turns out, they’re awesome. The white rice spaghetti noods have the same texture as regular ol’ pasta, and they don’t have a strange taste. Pasta on its own isn’t flavorful, so the noodles just taste like whatever sauce you add to them. And for the sauce I used fresh summer tomatoes and basil that we got from the farmers market. It was amazing. I love fresh, homemade sauces. It was so summery.
Perfect Health Diet Spaghetti
- 1 pck white rice spaghetti noodles
- 6 large tomatoes diced
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 4 garlic cloves
- half a cup of buttered pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the noodles according to package instructions.
- Make sure you rinse them off thoroughly after cooking and set aside.
- To a pan over medium heat, add all of the diced tomatoes and butter. Let this simmer until some of the liquid cooks off and it thickens a bit.
- This will take about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and basil, give it a stir.
- Combine with the pasta.
- Serve with grated cheese if you like.