I kind of hate making breakfast. For the most part, I’m not hungry when I wake up (around 7 or 8) and work until I actually feel the need to eat (around 10 or 11). By that time, I don’t want to actually make breakfast, I kind of just want it to appear in front of me. Which is why I like making quiches or egg casseroles.
Making a quiche at the beginning of the week allows me to just pop a piece in the oven on the toast setting for three minutes and be good to go.
It makes my life easier and I like that. Plus,
Paleo Tomato and Herb Quiche
- 1 batch of paleo pie crust see notes
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 6 eggs
- 2 tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup basil
- 1/4 cup dill
- 1/4 cup parsley
- arugula optional
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Press the dough into a pie pan or baking dish.
- In a blender, mix the milk, eggs, herbs and arugula.
- Add salt and pour into the crust.
- Top with the tomato slices.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over top, you can also add some olive oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the center is set.