This is definitely a fertility meal. Because Scott and I are planning on getting knocked up in the not so distant future, I’ve been trying to create more nutrient-dense meals. Seafood is obviously one of the most nutritious foods. The mussels especially, they contain several B vitamins, namely B12. They’re also rich in selenium and zinc – not to mention that they’re a great and environmentally sound protein source.
Paleo Seafood Stew
- 3 cod filets
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bone broth optional but not necessary
- 1/2 head cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb peeled shrimp
- 1 lb mussels
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup basil chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- salt and pepper
- Grate or rice the cauliflower in a food processor.
- Diced the onion.
- Melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the cauliflower and onion and sauté until soft, I added broth at this point.
- Add the can of tomatoes.
- Add the cod filets.
- Cover for about three minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cauliflower and cover for two to three minutes.
- Once the mussels have opened, add the garlic, basil and parsley.
- Give it a stir and combine everything together.