When you were a kid would you only eat ranch dressing? Like, if you had to have salad, you’d only eat it with ranch?
I grew up on total junk food, basically white carbs and white sugar everyday all day long. Vegetables were a foreign concept and it wasn’t so much that I even hated them, it was just that I didn’t eat them. They were almost never offered and when they were – I want them covered in ranch. Now I think that’s gross.
Especially considering the ingredients in ranch. Look at this unhealthy bomb of GMOs and inflammatory vegetable oils:
Soybean Oil, Water, Egg Yolk, Sugar, Salt, Cultured Nonfat Buttermilk, Natural Flavors (Soy), Spices. Less than 1% of Dried Garlic, Dried Onion, Vinegar, Phosphoric Acid, Xanthan Gum, Modified Food Starch, Monosodium Glutamate, Artificial Flavors, Disodium Phosphate, Sorbic Acid and Calcium Disodium EDTA as Preservatives, Disodium Inosinate and Disodium Guanylate.
The ranch I use isn’t homemade because homemade ranch takes a while and I’m a mom and while I cook most of our meals at home, I don’t worry about buying things like organic ranch with sunflower oil as the main fat, as opposed to soy oil. I use Tessemae’s ranch (I linked to Amazon but got it on sale at Whole Foods for $3.99) – it actually has that ranch flavor you know? It doesn’t taste like a ranch imitation. It actually tastes like ranch! And check out the very healthy ingredients list:
*High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Water, *Lemon Juice, *Mustard (*Vinegar, Water, *Mustard Seeds, Salt, *Spices), *Cage Free Salted Egg Yolks (*Cage Free Egg Yolks, Salt), *Distilled Vinegar, Sea Salt, *Black Pepper, *Onion Powder, *Dill, *Garlic Powder, *Parsley, *Whole Egg
It’s the perfect dressing for salads. I’m kind of obsessed. If you think you’re not a salad lover, you need to buy this dressing and make this salad. It’s also a delicious marinade!
Paleo Ranch Chicken Salad
- 4 chicken thighs marinated in Tessemae's ranch
- 1 medium head of lettuce chopped
- half a large onion diced
- 1/2 to 1 cup peas boiled and cooled
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 avocado diced
- More Tessemae's ranch find HERE
- Grill the chicken by cooking on both sides for about 4 minutes. You can do stovetop, but the grilled ranch chicken is SO good!
- Set it aside and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, add your chopped romaine, diced onion and tomatoes, peas, carrots and avocado.
- Toss with ranch (I don't give exact measurements because everyone's salad size will be different based on the varying size of produce).
- Chop chicken and add it on top or mix it in the salad!