I love oysters. They’re extremely nutrient rich, high in zinc, they taste amazing and they remind me of summer. I impulse bought a tin of shucked local oysters from Whole Foods the other day, and since I haven’t had fried oysters in a solid five years, decided to make some.
Paleo Fried Oysters
I love oysters. They’re extremely nutrient-rich, high in zinc, they taste amazing and they remind me of summer. I haven’t had fried oysters in a solid five years, decided to make some Paleo Fried Oysters! These are gluten-free and so much healthier than anything you get at a restaurant!
- 12-14 oysters about 8 oz
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Old Bay
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp coconut oil or lard
- Drain the oysters.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the tapioca, almond, Old Bay and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium-high heat.
- Dip the oysters in the egg, then the flour mixture.
- Fry on each side until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Serve with dipping sauce – I mixed homemade mayo, ketchup and Old Bay together.
Calories: 360kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 7gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 38mgPotassium: 30mgFiber: 1gVitamin A: 120IUCalcium: 59mgIron: 2.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!