So apparently this is a dish from Bonefish Grill. Admittedly I’ve never been there, but I’ve seen this recipe floating around Pinterest for years. It always looked really, really good but was coated in cornstarch and tossed in rancid vegetable oil mayo, which just sounded gross to me.
And then I thought, I can just make paleo bang bang shrimp. No cornstarch, no sketchy ingredients and no heart attack inducing vegetable oils.
Paleo Bang Bang Shrimp
This is my healthy take on paleo bang bang shrimp. No cornstarch, no sketchy ingredients and no heart attack inducing vegetable oils.
- 1 lb wild shrimp
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tbsp unflavored coconut oil
- 1/2 cup healthy mayo
- sriracha as much as you like, I added about 4 tbsp because I love spice
- Heat the coconut oil over medium to medium high.
- Coat each shrimp in tapioca flour.
- Fry each shrimp until crispy on each side.
- In a separate bowl, mix the mayo and sriracha.
- Toss the sauce and shrimp together.
- Optional: top with green onions.
Serve over rice or with cauliflower rice, if you'd rather keep things low-carb!
Serving: 1gCalories: 883kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 46gFat: 65gSaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 595mgSodium: 2117mgPotassium: 181mgSugar: 1gVitamin A: 35IUVitamin C: 9.3mgCalcium: 329mgIron: 5.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!