I’ll be honest, I didn’t make a ton of food yesterday because I was feeling super lazy.
Scott and I went on a really long walk earlier in the day (in the hot sun and humidity) and I had been on the go all weekend. The last thing I wanted to do was spend hours cooking and chopping food, but I knew this week would be busy so I didn’t want to be completely unprepared either. Meal plan life doesn’t always go as planned.
I decided to stick with the basics:
- I chopped one whole head of romaine for salads.
- Also chopped two whole cucumbers for salads.
- Even though I didn’t chop the tomatoes in this picture, I sliced ’em up for salads.
- At the farmers market on Sunday I got a TON of basil for $4. It was insane. The bunch of basil was bigger than Scott’s head, which is really large. I put it in the blender with garlic and olive oil. Instead of chopping basil to add to chicken, salads, fish, etc I now just have to scoop out a spoonful of this. So much easier.
- Hard boiled eggs. They sort of speak for themselves.
- Blackberries from the farmers market! I rinsed them, drained them, dried them and put them in this bowl for a quick grab and go snack.
- Steamed cauliflower. For some reason, even though it’s really easy, steaming cauliflower annoys me. I do not like preparing dinner and having to wait for the damn cauliflower to steam. And it’s so much easier to do the whole head at once. Cauli mash? Good to go. Cauli rice? Comin’ up.
I also made grilled chicken on my amazing grill pan, which is not pictured because I seriously just forgot to take a picture with all the rest of this stuff.