If you follow me on Facebook (which you should!) you probably already know I’m not a coffee drinker. Matcha’s much more my bag.
I hate the taste of coffee. In addition, I’m super sensitive to that much caffeine. I imagine drinking an entire cup would impart a similar reaction as a hit of crack for me. But since I’ve never done the latter, I’m not entirely sure.
Matcha is such a healthier, tastier alternative. First of all, it’s creamy and a bit sweet. I love starting my day with the below recipe for my matcha green tea latte. It’s such a treat.
Not to mention it’s seriously healthy. Here are some benefits:
- high in antioxidants (roughly 100x more than green tea)
- high in EGCg
- boosts memory, concentration, and focus
- contains caffeine – more than green tea but less than coffee
- boosts the immune system
- increases energy
- high in chlorophyll, which helps detoxify the body
In conclusion, drink matcha and green tea! They’re good for you.
Matcha Green Tea Latte
Matcha Latte is such a healthier, tastier alternative to traditional lattes. First of all, it’s creamy and a bit sweet. I love starting my day with the below recipe for my matcha green tea latte. It’s such a treat.
- 1 cup coconut milk or raw milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp matcha
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a blender OR combine all ingredients in a big mason jar and shake.
- Serves two.
Use coconut milk and maple syrup for a vegan version.
Serving: 1glassCalories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 4gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 21gSodium: 21mgPotassium: 248mgSugar: 17gVitamin A: 200IUVitamin C: 1.2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 4.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!