I love me a good taco. Who doesn’t?
They’re the Mexican version of sandwich and they’re spicy and delicious. Also, it’s WAY easier to make a grain-free version of a taco and make it taste good than it is to make a grain-free version of a sandwich. Have you tried grain-free bread?
Not so good.
Have you tried my taco shell recipe?!
It’s freaking awesome.
I use tapioca flour, which is a safe starch and easy to digest. I like to add garlic and chipotle powder to the taco shell, but you can use any spice you like. Or not. Do your own thang.
Healthy Paleo Chicken Tacos
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp tapioca flour
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of chipotle powder
- dash of salt
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil <– has no coconut taste
Pico de Gallo:
- 4 tomatoes diced
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeño diced
- 1/4 onion diced
- juice of half a lime
- shredded poached or leftover rotisserie chicken, see notes
For the tacos
- Mix all ingredients except coconut oil in a blender until smooth.
- Melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add half the batter. It will be kind of watery, don’t worry.
- Let it cook for about two minutes on each side, or until it browns just a bit.
- Repeat for second taco shell.
Pico de Gallo
- Combine all ingredients.