I recently wrote a post about meal planning and prepping food for the week. In it I described how I cut up and marinated a shit ton of vegetables. And also chicken. But I date a vegetarian, so half of the kabobs were just veggies, the other half chicken and veggies. Here’s how I made them.
Basil Marinated Chicken & Veggie Kabobs
Basil Marinated Chicken & Veggie Kabobs is a great low-carb dinner or lunch! The fragrant marinade makes the meat super tender and aromatic!
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 bunch basil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- salt and pepper
Veggies To Marinate
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken if using
- Just blend all ingredients for the basil dressing in a blender until smooth.
- Cut up all the veggies and chicken into cubes, roughly the same size. Halve the tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Pour the marinade over and toss to combine. You don’t need all of the marinades, I used about half.
- Marinate for at least an hour.
- Put all of the veggies and chicken on skewers.
- Cook on grill or on grill pan on medium high.
- Cook for about 30 minutes, making sure to rotate so all side of the skewers are cooked
You can use shrimp or beef instead of chicken.
Serving: 1skewerCalories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 10gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 52mgPotassium: 812mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 3455IUVitamin C: 157.7mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 3.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!