Even if you get a gluten-free cake, it’s still full of sketchy ingredients.
So I decided to make my own.
And it turned out AWESOME.
I have to say that the clear star of this cake is the frosting. I’m in LOVE. I don’t normally love coconut, but it’s super creamy from the coconut and it just tastes amazing. I think it’s my favorite frosting ever, including the frosting that is made out of 5 pounds of powdered sugar. It’s that good.
Almond Blackberry Cake with Coconut Frosting
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- few drops of almond extract about 5
For the cake
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Pour into two separate pans or you could use one square baking dish.
- Baking for 25 minutes, or until the center is set.
For the frosting
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whip until thick and beautiful.
- For the fruit center I just blender about 1 cup of blackberries with a tbsp of honey. You could use strawberry, raspberry, etc.
- Omit the almond extract if you have a nut allergy.