I often get asked what I eat for breakfast or if I have any advice on diversifying someone’s breakfast menu. The truth is, I almost always eat eggs for breakfast. I tried yogurt and berries recently but it didn’t fill me up (though it might fill you up).
I find that people usually think fruit, nuts or a low-fat smoothie is an acceptable breakfast option. WRONG. You want breakfast to be full of fat and protein to keep you full and keep your energy up. And if you workout in the mornings or have a strenuous job, you should probably incorporate some healthy carbs into your breakfast equation.
So here are some breakfast ideas, some of which were gifted to me from my amazing Facebook community (they’re the best). There are also several egg-free options, though I will never understand how anyone who isn’t allergic to eggs would ever give them up.
25 Paleo Breakfast Ideas With Egg-Free Options!
- bacon and eggs
- eggs benedict without the English muffin
- raw and grass-fed yogurt topped with raw honey
- a Spanish frittata
- mushrooms, swiss and spinach omelet
- hard boiled eggs
- eggs baked in avocado halves
- simple scrambled eggs topped with salsa
- egg casserole – eggs, cheese, sausage layered and baked
- eggs poaches on top of corned beef hash
- sautéed sausages with peppers and onions
- turkey sausage sautéed with potatoes, tomatoes and a touch of cream
- eggs scrambled with veggies
- sweet potato bottom quiche (like a regular quiche, but use slices of cooked sweet potato as the crust)
- eggs with sautéed veggies
- egg muffins – mix eggs with veggies and bacon, then bake in muffin tins
- dippy eggs with bacon
- hash browns, eggs and sausage
- two fried eggs over sautéed spinach topped with hollandaise sauce
- ground beef topped with two fried eggs, guacamole on top
- a breakfast smoothie that will actually keep you full: 1 cup kefir, two egg yolks (or omit), 2 tbsp gelatin, handful of spinach, handful of berries, optional protein powder
- gravlax or smoked salmon with tomato, red onion, lettuce and capers
- smoked herring with sautéed veggies
- two pieces of bacon topped dippy eggs and half an avocado
- smoked salmon and avocado slices wrapped in seaweed
You also ALWAYS want to eat some form of fermented food with each meal, especially breakfast. Fermented foods help you break down your meal and absorb the nutrient from it. They’re also packed with probiotics. I have at least a couple bites of sauerkraut with each meal, but here are some other fermented faves:
- garlicky carrots
- dill beets
- jalapeño garlic sauerkraut