I used to really love PF Chang’s.
I mean, have you had the lettuce wraps? And the orange chicken? It’s all awesome.
My favorite entree was orange peel shrimp. I’d get it every single time I went. But then I learned about health, and ingredients, and rancid vegetable oils, and sugar, and wheat and all that junk that goes into restaurant food. And I haven’t been back since.
I recently figured out I could make my own version of the sauce that tasted pretty damn close to the original, no wheat, sugar, or vegetable oils involved. You can make this with shrimp or chicken, I made it with chicken because that’s what I had on hand.
Pf Chang’s Copycat Paleo Orange Chicken
- 1 lb chicken cut into cubes
- 1 large orange juiced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sriracha or garlic chili paste less if you don’t like spice
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Sautee the chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the orange juice, butter, and sriracha.
- Let it thicken.
- Add the garlic and chicken back into the pan.
- Toss to combine.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or white rice cooked in butter.