Bok Choy + Shiitake Stirfry
This Asian bok choy + shiitake keto stir-fry with a healthy stir-fry sauce is a quick and simple side dish that's paleo and gluten-free!
- 3 heads bok choy
- 1 box sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 8 oz)
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp refined coconut oil
- 1 red chili (optional)
Melt the coconut oil over medium high heat. I use refined because it has no flavor.
Add the mushrooms and cook until browned.
While cooking, chop the bok choy. Once the mushrooms are browned, add the minced garlic and fry for another 30 seconds.
Add the bok choy and the coconut aminos.
Cook just until the bok choy has wilted.
Add chili if you like!
- Use refined coconut oil if you don't want your keto stir-fry to taste coconutty.
- Shiitake mushroom stems must be removed before cooking. Use a sharp paring knife to do so. Trim the stems right where they attach to the cap—these aren't easy to twist off so you want to use a knife.
- Make sure not to brown your garlic or it will taste bitter.
- You can use soy sauce instead of coconut aminos but then it will not be paleo.