Paleo Pumpkin Pie
This gluten-free paleo pumpkin pie is the perfect easy dessert to bring to a Thanksgiving potluck or dinner! Easy and quick to make with my fool-proof almond flour crust.
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup raw honey or for a firmer filling try 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Combine all ingredients until smooth and a dough is formed. I like to blend in a food processor so it becomes very fine. Press evenly into a pie pan. No need to bake first.
You can either blend in a blender/food processor or beat all ingredients by hand. Make sure there are no lumps.
Bake on 350 for about 50 minutes, or until the center is set.
Let cool and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream!
- When buying canned pumpkin, make sure to check the nutrition label on the can. Go for organic and avoid "canned pumpkin pie mix" as it usually comes with added sugar, preservatives and all kinds of additives.
- Make your own pumpkin pie spice by mixing 1/4 cup of ground Ceylon cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of powdered ginger, 2 tsp freshly ground nutmeg, and 1 tsp ground cloves. Add another teaspoon of allspice, for more of a "kick". Store in a small glass container.
- For a firmer pumpkin pie filling, use coconut sugar instead of raw honey. Note that this will make your filling darker.
- Use leftover pie filling to make crustless pumpkin pie muffins.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 418kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 13gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 50mgPotassium: 162mgFiber: 6gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 6780IUVitamin C: 2.1mgCalcium: 134mgIron: 3.5mg