Paleo Breakfast Taco
I am deeply in love with this paleo breakfast taco. It’s low-carb, healthy, gluten-free and DELICIOUS. It’s easy to throw together in the AM, it’s full of fiber, protein, probiotics healthy fats.
- 1 Siete almond flour tortilla warmed in a pan
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp fat of choice I used butter
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup pico de gallo
- 2 tbsp curtido a spicy, fermented cabbage
- cashew or coconut sour cream or grass-fed sour cream that's lactose-free
- salt and pepper
Heat the tortilla over low heat. You can use an avocado oil spray in the pan.
Melt your fat of choice of medium heat and cook your eggs - I like them over medium.
Top the tortilla with the eggs, avocado, pico de gallo, curtido and sour cream.
Salt and pepper to your liking.
- If you’re strictly dairy-free, feel free to omit or use a coconut sour cream. I used organic, lactose-free sour cream I found at Whole Foods.
- You can find a Mexican flavored fermented cabbage at your local organic grocer or likely a farmers market.
Serving: 1gCalories: 525kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 15gFat: 38gSaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 327mgSodium: 931mgPotassium: 705mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 890IUVitamin C: 17.7mgCalcium: 93mgIron: 3.5mg