Asian Beef and Veggie Bowl
This Asian Ground Beef Bowl with veggies is so delicious, hearty and healthy you wouldn't even guess it gluten-free and paleo! A protein-packed bowl that is on the table in under 30 minutes - totally meal prep, budget -, and family-friendly.? Keto option included!
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 package (5 oz) of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 package (6 oz) snap peas
- 2 small heads bok choy
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tbsp coconut, avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 cup real fermented kimchi
In a pan, begin to brown the ground beef.
Once it's starting to brown, add 1/2 cup of the coconut aminos, 1/2 tbsp of garlic and 1/2 tbsp of ginger. Cook fully and set aside.
In another pan, heat fat of choice over medium high heat.
Add the mushrooms and let brown.
Add the snap peas and let them cook until soft.
Lastly, add the bok choy, 1/2 cup of coconut aminos, 1/2 tbsp of garlic and 1/2 tbsp of ginger.
Cook until the bok choy is wilted.
Serve it up in a bowl with the rice and kimchi.
- If you don't have leftover cooked rice, start by preparing rice to have it ready once the beef is done. If serving this with cauliflower rice, wait until the beef is almost done as it only takes a few minutes to cook.
- To make this keto, simply use cauliflower rice.
- If you don't have coconut aminos you can use gluten-free Tamari Soy Sauce if you don’t follow a strict Paleo diet or a mix of low-sodium soy and fish sauce.
- I love fresh ginger, but if you don't have any, you can substitute a heaping 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger and whisk it directly into the coconut aminos.
- If you are not sharing this with little ones, you can add some crushed red pepper for that little kick.