Gluten-Free Tomato Soup with Penne and Meatballs
Gluten-free Tomato Soup Recipe with Meatballs & Pasta | This easy hearty Italian tomato soup is made from fresh tomatoes that are roasted with onions and cauliflower for added creaminess without cream or butter! Serve this simple soup with homemade ground turkey meatballs and gluten-free penne pasta for a hearty and warming gluten-free and dairy-free comfort food dish. This one is perfect for busy weeknights!
- 8 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 16 oz frozen cauliflower
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 cups bone broth
- 8 oz gluten-free pene
- 1 meatball recipe
Preheat oven to 375.
Add the chopped tomatoes, onions, garlic and cauliflower to a baking dish.
Pour the olive oil over top and add the salt and pepper. Mix it all up.
Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
Add the roasted veggies and bone broth to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
While the veggies are roasting, make the meatballs and cook the penne according to package instructions.
Add the soup, penne, and meatballs together and stir. Add basil and/or parsley on top!
- Be sure to check out my delicious turkey meatball recipe HERE.
- I use THESE gluten-free noodles, they're the best!
- For this fresh tomato soup recipe, I use homemade bone broth (recipe here) but you can use store-bought.
- Nutrition info does not include meatball recipe.